Saturday, January 23, 2010

Time-Trusted Friends

Gearing up for a night out with the boys to celebrate our short friend Ty's last few weeks as a single man. He's getting married in a few weeks and asked me to be one of his groomsmen. Of course I said yes and remember the Put-in-Bay toast that immediately commenced... Cherry Bomb.

Thirty-five of Ty's friends rsvp'd that they would be at the Winking Lizard tonight at 8:00 p.m. to begin the night's events. Ty is a great friend. He was my college roommate for three years and now he lives a few doors down the street with his fiance Cassie. I've known the couple for 10 years and consider them "time-trusted friends." Coach Simrell, one of the three head coaches we had at Findlay during my career there, introduced that phrase to us. I remember joking about it at the time because we joked about everything in the locker room, but I think I know what Sim meant by time-trusted friends. I certainly have time-trusted friends in my life and I'm thinking about all of Ty's friend's who are celebrating with him tonight. Many of them are time-trusted friends.


The ah-hah moment for this blog came when I decided to use Invizzable-Ink as a tool to define business principles and key methods for success. As a result, I know that I would be remissed if I did not include healthy relationships as a key core value. Your business is only as strong as its people engaged in relationships working together to accomplish tasks. The depth of which an organization can accomplish tasks depends on its people and the relationships they manage. If they are surface relationships, you can expect about the same result from the body of work. When people are engaged in a trusting and freedom-given relationship, the abilities of both parties is maximized and the full potential of the relationship is reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment